Map & Location
Map, Travel Information, Beaches, Sightseeing & Attractions on Mykonos Island
Mykonos is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. While it is famous mainly for its cosmopolitan lifestyle, much-frequented beaches, upbeat atmosphere and exciting nightlife, it is also an ideal vacation spot for visitors that want to spend a quiet and relaxing holiday, as the island possesses serene settlements, picturesque coves and secluded beaches.
On this page you will find a map of Mykonos, travel information about Mykonos beaches, sites and how to travel to / from Mykonos, as well as distances of the hotels from transportation hubs, beaches and supermarkets.
During your stay on Mykonos Island, we suggest you visit its significant historical and religious sites such as the Archaeological, Maritime and Folklore Museums in Mykonos Town, the quaint windmills, the awe-inspiring Panagia Paraportiani Church in the Kastro area, the Monastery of Panagia Tourliani in Ano Mera, the Pre-historic and Ancient ruins at Panormos Bay, the Well of Giannaros and the 3 Hellenistic Towers in Platis Gialos.
You should also take a stroll around Mykonos Town and through the charming narrow alleyways. A stop at Alefkandra, Mykonos' “Little Venice” and a boat trip to the archaeological site on the isle of Delos, which is located just opposite Mykonos, are a must.
The beaches on Mykonos Island are absolutely fantastic. You will definitely find what you are looking for, since there is such a variety to choose from. Some are quiet and secluded, others are crowded, while some are sandy and others rocky.
The most frequented are Paradise, Super Paradise, Agios Ioannis, Agios Stefanos, Ftelia, Ornos and Platis Gialos, while quieter ones are Agia Anna, Agrari, Ai Giannis, Elia, Kalafatis, Kalo Livadi, Megali Ammos, Panormos Bay, Paraga, Psarou and Tourlos.
How to Find us You can reach Mykonos by ferry boat, high speed boat and plane from cities such Athens and Thessaloniki.
From Athens to Mykonos (Myconos)
1. High Speed or Ferry Boat from Piraeus Port:
(Approximately 3 ½ - 4 hours by high speed boat and 5 ½ hours by ferry boat)
- Piraeus Port: Tel. +30 210 414-7800
- Hellenic Seaways Piraeus: Tel +30 210 419-9000
2. High Speed Boat from Rafina Port:
(Approximately 2 ½ hours)
- Rafina Port: Tel. +30 22940 28888 and +30 22940 22300
- Hellenic Seaways Rafina: Tel. +30 22940 26239
- Sea Jet Rafina: Tel. +30 22940 26623
3. Airplane from the Athens Airport “Eleftherios Venizelos”:
(Approximately 45 minutes)
- Athens Airport “Eleftherios Venizelos": Tel. +30 210 353-1000
- Olympic Airways Athens: Tel. +30 210 966-6666 and 801-11-44444
- Aegean Airlines Athens:
Tel. +30 210 626-1000 and 801-11-20000
From Thessaloniki to Mykonos
Airplane from the “Macedonia” (Thessaloniki) Airport:
- "Macedonia" (Thessaloniki) Airport: Tel. +30 2310 473-212 or +30 2310 473-700
- Aegean Airlines Thessaloniki:
Tel. +30 2310 280-050
From Mykonos to Athens and Thessaloniki:
- Mykonos Port: Tel. +30 22890 22218
- Hellenic Seaways Mykonos: Tel. +30 22890 22322
- Sea Jet Mykonos: Tel +30 22890 28240
- Mykonos Airport: Tel. + 30 22890 79000
- Olympic Airways Mykonos:
Tel. +30 22890 22490 and +30 22890 22327
- Aegean Airlines Mykonos: Tel. +30 22890 28720
Connection to other destinations:
Mykonos is connected to the other Cyclades Islands, Dodecanese Islands and Crete by boat or hydrofoil and to Santorini and Rhodes also by airplane.
Buses frequently depart from Mykonos Town for other settlements and beaches on the island. You can also tour the island on your own with a rental car or motorbike, which can be hired from one of the many car rental agencies throughout the island.
Other Useful Telephones:
- Mykonos Police: Tel. +30 22890 22235
- Mykonos Tourist Police: Tel. +30 22890 22482
- Mykonos Town Health Center: Tel. +30 22890 23396
- Mykonos Town Hall: Tel. +30 22890 22201
From the 3 Delian Collection hotel complexes, visitors have easy access to the sites, the beaches, the nightlife venues and transportation hubs.
- Mykonos Airport: 2 km (taxi fare: € 15, bus fare: € 1.60)
- Mykonos Port: 2.2 km (taxi fare: € 15, bus fare: € 1.60)
- Mykonos Town: 1.5 km (taxi fare: € 12, bus fare: € 1.60)
- Beach: 1.3 km (taxi fare: € 12, bus fare: € 1.60)
- Supermarket: 150 m
- Bus Stop: 150 m
- Mykonos Airport: 2.5 km (taxi fare: € 15 , bus fare: € 1.60)
- Mykonos Port: 3 km (taxi fare: € 15, bus fare: € 1.60)
- Mykonos Town: 2.8 km (taxi fare: € 12, bus fare: € 1.60)
- Beach: 50 m (bus fare: € 1.60)
- Supermarket: 10 m
- Bus Stop: 50 m
- Mykonos Airport: 2 km (taxi fare: € 15 , bus fare: € 1.60)
- Mykonos Port: 500 m (taxi fare: € 15 , bus fare: € 1.60)
- Mykonos Town: -
- Beach: 2 km (taxi fare: € 12, bus fare: € 1.60)
- Supermarket: 60 m
- Bus Stop: 60 m